Working as a paediatrician and entrepreneur, Zeshan Qureshi has an exciting and busy life. Zeshan would greatly benefit from an organised and versatile individual who is able to help assist in a creative and administrative capacity. This role would involve a diverse range of jobs, requiring innovative input in Zeshan’s personal and professional career, ranging from organising and developing teaching materials, working in medtech, spearheading medical advocacy campaigns, as well as supporting home and family life.
Hours worked: 10 hours/week
Pay: £9 per hour (with annual review)
- Support and help manage authorship and production of medical textbooks.
- Develop and implement social media strategies advocating for key issues such as race in medicine, workforce well-being and medical careers. Support development of podcast and youtube channel to supplement this.
- Communicate professionally to seek, schedule and help develop teaching opportunities for Dr Qureshi and support in providing outreach in medical education.
- Support research across a broad range of domains, including med tech, medical education, and race related issues.
- Collaborate with other core team members weekly meetings to creatively overcome challenges in all aspects of Zeshan’s career and wider life.
- Support work and personal administration for Zeshan, and help plan events.
- Kind and compassionate
- Organised, and able to work within deadlines
- Good team worker, included both remotely and in person.
- Professionalism and confidence when representing ZQ.
- Ability to think creatively and see novel approaches/solutions to common problems.
- Versatility and adaptability.
- Fluent English
- Basic IT skills
- Experience with Hootsuite and Slack (although we have induction documents for these)
- Social media content creation
- Basic video and audio editing
- Any experience with healthcare e.g. being a medical student/doctor
- Continuous support from Danielle Pollitt-Walmsley via email, telephone.
- Clear guidance on key tasks with established protocols and support team
- Weekly team meetings
- Quarterly appraisal meeting with Zeshan Qureshi
- Ability to work closely within the ZQ team and develop strong work relationships.
- Ability to meet and work with students and doctors from across the world and at various levels of training.
- Development of important skills including communication, organisation, teamwork and confidence in public speaking.
- Gain a deeper understanding of a medical portfolio career, and communicate with other medical professionals involved in current research.
- Ownership of project content and direction.
- Develop medical CV, including involvement in medical education, research and advocacy.
- Involvement in providing accessible medical education and outreach to students
- Helping develop new medical technology that could aid and progress current healthcare delivery
- Advocating for key issues such as race in medicine, workforce well-being and medical careers
Challenges for the job
- Keeping track of emails, and tight deadlines.
- Prioritisation of tasks.
- Working on a range of different outputs simultaneously.
- Dealing with partners where there are delays or other challenges to communication.
- Working with an international team.
- Working remotely.
- Variable schedule.
“Working with Zeshan is a brilliant opportunity to do something a bit different within medicine and boost your medical CV. It can be quite challenging to motivate yourself around University studies to complete the tasks however, Zeshan is a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend. He is very friendly, accommodating and able to support you with whatever you need. Plus Zeshan has become a fantastic mentor for me and my career!!”
“Working with Zeshan has provided me with the freedom and continued support to work on projects I have been most interested in and take ownership of the outcomes we have created. It is really exciting to work on a variety of diverse projects. Zeshan is a really open and supportive mentor and working closely with him is an amazing opportunity.”
Closing date: 28th October 2021 at 23:59 BST
All fields marked with an asterisk* are required.