What is UGTM?
The Unofficial Guide to Medicine is an award-winning Medical Education start-up. As of today, we have published 14 medical textbooks and delivered 35 educational webinars attended by over 4,500 medical students globally. We are a dynamic team of junior doctors and medical students determined to promote peer-led publishing projects as well as improve the quality and provision of medical education around the world. For more info, please visit our website: unofficialguidetomedicine.com
Why become a UGTM University Ambassador (UA)?
We are recruiting talented students from UK and International medical schools who will act as a voice for their fellow students in their institutions and beyond. Here are some of the benefits of joining us:
- You will become a part of our forward-thinking, dynamic team of junior doctors and medical students from around the world
- You will have access to our resources, books, webinars, crash courses, podcasts
- You will receive a certificate upon completion which is a great addition to your CV
- You will gain a unique leadership experience in a student-led MedEd start-up
- You will network and have fun!
What will be your main responsibilities?
University Ambassadors are indispensable in raising awareness of the educational opportunities UGTM provides and in sharing the passion of supporting the next generations of healthcare professionals. The role will last 12 months and will include:
- Developing relationships with medical students and societies from your university
- Promoting UGTM’s webinars, crash courses, podcasts and more in your network
- Representing UGTM at your university, e.g. at online fairs, events, conferences
- Sharing UGTM’s social media posts within your university network, but also creating your own content and social media competitions
- Attending monthly catch-up sessions, providing constructive criticism and feedback
- Helping co-host webinars and/or podcast episodes (optional)